Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Where has the time gone?


Oh man how time has flown. Sorry for my absence from the blogging world. I am finding it hard to find time to keep up but I will do my best to do a quick update on our lives.

I am back at work now. While I missed my co-workers and students I was not ready to go back and leave my precious "little" ("little" is our nick name for Wilson). I have loved my time home with him and I will treasure those first months that I got to spend all my time with him for the rest of my life. I am extremely lucky to have my mom watching him four days a week and a good friend (Keri McIlravy) watching him one day a week. I could not ask for two greater people to take care of him and I know he gets just as much love with them as he would with me. I still found myself in tears a few mornings, but we are surviving (I'll write more about learning to be a working mom in another blog. That could take up a lot of space.) I also have to thank my husband for making the transition back to work easier. He is always there making life easier whether it be cleaning the house or helping with the baby. He is truly my partner in every sense of the word and I could not love him more.

Wilson turned two months about a week and a half ago and we had a visit to the doctor. He came in at 11 lbs 2 oz and 23.75 inches. Dr. Guyton said he looked perfect (which of course I already knew :) He is smiling a lot and it just about melts my heart to see that gummy smile aimed at me!! He has been sleeping from about 9:30 pm to 5 am for the past 4 nights so that means I am back to getting a full nights sleep (yes, I know I am extremely lucky, let's just hope he keeps it up). As you'll notice in the pictures, Wilson has lost some of the hair he was born with and now has a very interesting hair pattern. I still think he is a handsome devil but I am kind of hoping that it evens out before his three month pictures (vain, yes, but you can't tell me he doesn't have a little George Costanza thing going on there).

Let me just end this by saying praise be to God for blessing us with a precious, healthy, happy baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment