Monday, February 7, 2011

Boy meets world


I figured I needed to back up a couple of weeks and start from the beginning so
hear is the story of Wilson's arrival.

After many weeks of teasing us, Wilson Lee Snipes came into this world on January 14, 2011 at 2:35 am. In case you did not know I was put on bed rest around 35 weeks because I was experiencing some pre-term labor and was 2 cm dialated. The doctor thought I wouldn't make it to 37 weeks, but when 37 weeks rolled around Wilson was staying put. Since he was considered full term at that point I was taken off of bed rest and so back to work I went. School was back in for a week and then the lovely snow storm hit and we were out for another week. That Thursday I had a doctor's appointment and was 4 cm and 80% effaced. My doctor couldn't believe I still hadn't gone into labor so she said we could break my water the next morning if I wanted to. Since I would be 39 weeks the next day and I had been thinking he was coming any minute for the past four weeks, I was more than ready to have him.
So I went home thinking I had one more night before we would br parents but as usual Wilson had other plans. Around 5 that evening I began to have contractions and by 7:30 pm we were checking into the hospital. Although the whole birthing process was not a long one for me, it was filled with some minor dramas including a fever for me, the epidural working a little to well and not knowing when to push, Wilson's heart rate dropping after contractions, and him getting a little stuck. There was some talk of c-section but in the end I was able to have him the good ole' fashion way. It turned out the reason he was kind of stuck was that he had his hand up by his face. This was his favorite place for his hand while I was pregnant with him and still remains his favorite place to keep it, however it made for a difficult exit from my body which took me a while to recover from. However, the end result was a 7 lb 2 oz, 21 1/2 in long beautiful baby boy. Here is a picture of me after the epidural. Might I just add that epidurals are the best thing on the planet. The other picture is of Wilson getting weighed right after I had him. I will do my best to add some more pictures soon!

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to the club! I think I have a post epidural picture like that with Ben. Can't wait to hear everything. Enjoy it, it will go by so fast :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the blogging world!! Wilson is adorable!! :)

    ReplyDelete